Saturday, May 22, 2010

Home

So we were released from the hospital a day early. Our Doc was on vacation so the other partner had sign the release. He was asking me if I feel comfortable doin C's bandage change at home and giving him his tube feeds and meds. I said I can do it becasue if I would have shown any apprehension I know that we would still be in the burn unit. Yesterday afternoon was a whirlwind of information and tasks. I was able to put C's bandages on by myself after they showed me how. I was then given the rundown on his pump for his tube feed and how much to give him and the rate it goes in. I actually remembered it all. C's meds are a little confusing still but lucky for me everything is written out and labeled. There was also so much paperwork to fill out when we go back to day rehab on monday. I think I have that all straight. I may need to borrow a box truck for when we go to therapy. C has so much stuff they want us to bring along...good grief!

After being released yesterday we had to get C's meds filled and our releasing nurse told us to stop at the outpatient pharmacy to check about availability on some of the meds we need. They were nice enough to call the walmart pharmacy and ask what they had available. We would have only been able to fill 2 at walmart the rest they had to do for us up there. So we had to wait another 1.5 hrs before we left the hospital. That was a little frustrating! So goes sometimes!

C was working on therapy over lunch yesterday and I decided to take that time to run down the banquet room where they were having a jewelry sale and some of the proceeds went to Childrens hospital. When I came back C was riding a 3-wheeler...like the ones the old mommies and doddies drive in Fl! He had the biggest smile on his face he was so proud of himself, not to mention the nurses stopped what they were doing to cheer him on! I'll start posting piks here soon, so look out for those! I need to go tend to my little man so..Until next time....
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Amy- I don't know if this is obvious, but I was thinking, I used to take care of an 87 yr old who took a lot of meds, and they had several of those pill cases that are divided by day and also by am, afternoon, and night. They would fill them every Sunday and then it was easier during the week. Wanted to pass that idea along to you, maybe it would help???

    I'm still in awe that you're home. I hope you're holding up and I'll pray for you for next week, take care!

    ReplyDelete