Monday, May 24, 2010

The weekend

So after being home for a couple of days, I'm still not in the swing of things. Being at the hospital I had only myself to care for as C wasnt doing much. Now I'm home and have to see to the needs of my 3 other men in the house. I am so thankful that I have a hubby thats in tune to my feelings and see's when I'm about at the end of my limitations. I am also thankful for our babysitter/cleaning gal/nanny! Thanks Anita!

Today was the first day of our day rehab program. This morning we met with the 2 main techs that oversee the Pt and Ot aspects of rehab. C was fitted for his Jobst suit, finally. I was happy to find out that C will only be wearing really high wasted leggings with the butt cutout and wont have to wear a vest and pants. I picked out a royal blue color for 1 suit and a tan for the other one. The techs were really happy with the progress C had made just over the weekend! The whole day C did really good except right after his lunch/nap time he didnt want to go back to play. Its amazing to me how they can incorporate simple things into working him out and stretching certain parts of his body. He feels like he's playing but behind his back the techs are giving each other thumbs up. I'm glad we were able to get into this program.

I got a taste of what its gonna be like when we go out in public with C and having his suit on. People have no problem staring...like flat out stare as if he had 2 heads or something! When I see someone with a handicap or prosthesis I dont think twice about it. I dont stare and gawk, sometimes I even pray for them, you never know what the have gone through and what they may still be struggling with! Having grown up with a father who has only 1 arm I was used to not being in the 'norm'. But some people need to display some tack. If you have questions or are curious just ask. Some people it mite offend but just ask me we will tell you just like it is!

I am about exhausted to my core and need to get to bed a little earlier tonite, Until next time....
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment